Curious About PrEP?
PrEp (Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis) is an FDA-approved medicine that is safe and very effective in preventing HIV. If taken as prescribed, PrEP can reduce the transmission of HIV BY 99%! According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the city with the highest HIV rates in the US is Miami, Florida.
You may benefit from prep if one of the following applies to you:
- You don’t always use a condom.
- You are sexually active with one or more partners.
- You recently had an STI (sexually transmitted infection).
- You are a person who injects drugs.
- You’re unsure of your sexual partner(s) HIV/STD status.
Why Take PrEP?
Taking PrEP can have many benefits, including:
- Reduced risk of HIV transmission
- Increased peace of mind
- Greater control over your sexual health
- Improved quality of life
Nearly 40% of New HIV infections are transmitted by people who don’t know they have the virus. If you think you may be at risk of getting HIV, talk to your healthcare provider about whether PrEP is right for you. For more information call us at 786-743-4803.
If you’re interested in scheduling a PrEP appointment, please fill out the form below. Our team will be in touch with you shortly to confirm your appointment.